SHIELD INSURANCE GROUP MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
SHIELD INSURANCE GROUP MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
This Membership Agreement (“Agreement”) is effective ______________ by and between Shield Insurance Group (“SHIELD”) and _________________ (hereinafter referred to as “Member”)
By accessing, browsing or using the SHIELD website or by selecting “I Accept” during membership registration, you represent you have read and understand and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Membership Agreement hereinafter referred to as Agreement.
1. Nature of the Service: SHIELD is a for-profit Florida corporation and not an insurance company. SHIELD has formed a membership group whereby SHIELD provides to its members the following guaranteed benefits in the event the Member has an auto accident or damage to the vehicle that exceeds $1,500.00:
(a) A SHIELD affiliated body shop will give $500.00 to $1,000.00 maximum
voucher for use in the most convenient way for the Shield members.
(b) Free towing (Specifications: Shield pays for towing if the Shield member is responsible for paying that service. In the case that the Shield member has that service included in thier policy, or found not guilty in the accident, Shield will charge that service to the person or persons responsible or the company or companies responsible for compliance with the law or contract.)
(c) Free rental car (Specifications: for the first 48 hours; Shield pays for the first 48 hours a vehicle is assigned for rental to members if they are responsible for paying for their service. When applicable, Shield member that have that coverage on thier policy, or is not guilty in the accident. Shield will charge the person or persons responsible or the company or companies responsible for compliance with law or contract.)
(d) Free two oil changes annually
(e) Free front brake pads annually
2. User Registration and Information: Member shall fill in the correct information requested in the User Registration form on the site. Member shall be required to promptly update the User Information on the site. Member shall select a username and password during the User Registration process. Member shall be responsible for: a) all use of the Site made by the Members, username and password, and b) maintain the confidentiality of the Members username and password.
3. Content: The Content includes messages and other materials posted to forums, groups or other locations on the Site by the members of SHIELD. Member grants SHIELD the right share with SHIELD’s Affiliated and Associated companies Member’s personal information.
4. Obligations of Member: Member shall pay monthly dues of one dollar ($1.00) for being a member of SHIELD. In the event of an auto accident, Member shall immediately notify SHIELD at the time of the auto accident in order for Shield to provide the Member with the maximum benefits. Member shall allow and permit SHIELD to designate the body shop for the repairs of Member’s damaged vehicle. Member shall be responsible for any contractual arrangement for repairs to Member’s damaged vehicle by SHIELD’s affiliated body shop.
5. Release: If the Member has a dispute with one or more of the affiliated or associated companies soliciting, offering and/or providing services or products to the Member or others, the Member shall release SHIELD (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) from claims,
demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
6. Privacy: Excluding SHIELD’s Affiliated or Associated Companies, SHIELD shall not sell or rent Members personal information to third parties without Members explicit consent. SHIELD shall store and process Members information on computers located in the United States that are protected by physical as well as technological security devices. However, SHIELD shall be permitted to access and modify Members information.
7. Indemnity: Member shall indemnify and hold SHIELD (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Members breach of this Agreement, or Members violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
8. No Agency: No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
9. Terminating Membership: Member shall have the right to cancel his or her membership at any time. Member agrees that there shall be no refund or partial refund or any other compensation by SHIELD in the event the Member cancels or terminates his or her membership under this Agreement.
10. Governing Law: This Agreement shall be construed under and governed in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida.
11. Arbitration: Any dispute arising under this contract shall be resolved under the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association.
12. Limitation of Liability: Member shall not hold SHIELD responsible for any acts of any other member, Affiliated or Associated Company of SHIELD.
Print Name: ______________________________